ESSENTIAL QUESTION/BIG IDEA: How was the antebellum South different from the antebellum North?
HOMEWORK: Read and take notes on 7:3 and 8:2 in the textbook. Prepare for a quiz Thursday, which may include the reading, as well as what you learned from Friday's three videos.TODAY'S AGENDA
- The South Interactive Slide Lecture - TEACHER WILL GO OVER THIS WITH STUDENTS
- VIDEO - "The Differences Between the North and South Before the Civil War"
- Warning: there are some rather cheesy moments that this history teacher includes in this video (Abraham Lincoln singing "White Christmas," for example) but it's full of REALLY good information!!
- The Southern Class System - STUDENTS WILL WORK ON THIS INDEPENDENTLY
- If needed, finish Crash Course US History: Slavery questions from last class
- 7:1 and 7:2 Notes
- The North Interactive Slide Presentation - HANDOUT HERE & SLIDESHOW HERE
- Crash Course US History: The Market Revolution - HANDOUT HERE
- Antebellum America Vocabulary - CLICK HERE
- Reform Movements of the North Interactive Slideshow - PPT HERE and HANDOUT HERE
- Crash Course US History: Slavery - GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- The South Interactive Slide Lecture - Slideshow HERE; handout HERE
- The Southern Class System - Slideshow HERE; handout HERE