HW: Complete the Critical Thinking Questions for the Declaration of Independence.
- Welcome, attendance, and write down HW in your Binder Reminder
- Turn in your Loyalist or Patriot Propaganda Poster
- Complete Four Interpretations of the Declaration of Independence - HANDOUT
- Analyze Trumbull's painting, "The Signing of the Declaration of Independence"
- Complete your "What Were They Thinking?" HANDOUT with an elbow partner
- Complete your DIGITAL ASSIGNMENT on Google Classroom (make sure to watch Mr. Ippolito's instructions before you get started)
- If we have time, begin your Critical Thinking Questions HANDOUT
Check out this video: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/ZEqvgKQ5E2KS83fsTcChHF?
This history teacher sometimes gets annoying, but he is super informative.
And finally historian Ken Davis . . .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
- Enlightenment Thinkers
- The Original Social Contract
- The Roots of American Government
- Magna Carta - HANDOUT and GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- Examining Passenger Lists - HANDOUTand PASSENGER LISTS
- Causes of the American Revolution - HANDOUT and GALLERY WALK PLACARDS
- The Seven Types of Propaganda - HANDOUT 1 HERE and HANDOUT 2 HERE
- Project: Loyalist or Patriot Propaganda Poster
- Four Interpretations of the Declaration of Independence - HANDOUT HERE
- Declaration of Independence: "What Were They Thinking?" - HANDOUT HERE
- Declaration of Independence: Critical Thinking Questions - HANDOUT HERE