HOMEWORK: Read 17:3 and 17:4 in the textbook and prepare for a reading quiz MONDAY.
- 17:1 and 17:2 Quiz
- Catch-up Day - Catch up on all your blog posts; I will begin checking and grading this weekend
- Read 17:3 and 17:4 in the textbook (quiz Monday)
MY HISTORY LEARNING BLOG - always respond using complete sentences except where given different directions
- BLOG POST #1 - What was the most interesting thing you learned about the Black Death? What are looking forward to learning about between now and the end of the school year?
- BLOG POST #2 - What do you think of when you hear the word "Renaissance"? Your blog post must include one image that relates to The Renaissance.
- BLOG POST #3 - According to John Green, what are three things we should know about the Renaissance (HINT: you could talk about art, trade in Italy, dyeing wool, money, alum mining, Muslim scholars, the Ottomans, heliocentric solar system, and did the Renaissance even happen)? Reference a time code in the YouTube video where John Green says the most interesting thing, and embed the video into your blog post.
- BLOG POST #4 - Renaissance art is known for its Realism. Look at Jan van Eyck's Portrait of Giovanni Arnolfini and His Wife (1434). Really look at it up close. Examine every detail. Create a numbered list of FIVE details that look incredibly realistic. After your list, explain what is your favorite element of the painting. In your opinion, is there any part of the painting that does NOT look realistic to you? Include a close-up screen capture of your favorite element of the painting.