FINAL DAY OF CLASS
Here is what you will do today:
1. Finish your letter to the Eike family. The assignment is in Google Classroom.
2. Your "Final Exam" project is this: create a SIERRA VISTA SURVIVAL GUIDE for incoming seventh graders.
- You will create this using Google Slides.
- Create 10 slides with 10 different pieces of smart advice to give to incoming seventh graders.
- Your advice can cover everything from on-campus tips to relationship advice to academic advice--WHATEVER honest advice you think will be helpful to an incoming seventh grader.
- You may turn in a slideshow by yourself, or turn in one slideshow for you and a partner (if you work with a partner, in your Google Classroom notes please indicate your partner before you click SUBMIT).
- When I present these Survival Tips to next year's seventh graders, I want them to not only be helpful, but I want them to be visually appealing as well. As such:
- Please FILL the entire slide with text. Use CTRL-SHIFT-< or CTRL-SHIFT-> to shrink or grow text. Avoid dead space on your slide.
- Change the theme (the color scheme). Make it different than the default blue that I provided for you.
- Make your slides easy on the eyes and easy to read. Don't go too far out there with font colors or background colors.
- Most importantly: be honest and be REAL. The most helpful advice is the most honest advice.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON DUE DATES FOR THESE TWO FINAL ASSIGNMENTS:
- The Letter to the Eike Family must be turned in on paper and signed, IN PERSON, to Mr. Ippolito's hands by Thursday at 12:30pm.
- The Sierra Vista Survival Guide slideshow must be turned in using Google Classroom by 11:59pm tonight. If you need to turn it in late, please see Mr. Ippolito IN PERSON by Thursday at 12:30pm.