ESSENTIAL QUESTION/BIG IDEA: What were the push/pull factors that contributed to American westward expansion in the 1800s?
HOMEWORK: Be kind to others.
1. Gold Rush, Women, Mormons, and Missions - READING HERE
- Create a four-rectangle graphic organizer like the one above
- Read the FOCUS article Mr. Ippolito has assigned to your group first; take notes on that article and prepare to share your findings with the class; become an EXPERT on that topic
- If you have time after you finish your focus article, read and take notes on the other articles in the series
- When reading time is up, Mr. Ippolito may call upon your group to present to us about your focus topic--BE PREPARED!!
2. Eighth grade trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain - Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- PERMISSION SLIP/INFO PACKET DOWNLOAD HERE
- Trip isn't until the last week of school, but we need to order buses early! Therefore, permission slips and money are due SUPER early (by 4/29) so don't miss out!
- Students arrive at 10am and will be checking in at their bus table to receive their shirt and write down their cell #, etc... We do not know yet if we have wrist bands, but if we do, students will also get wristbands at this time.
- Students must wear their shirt before entering the bus.
- 5. Once you arrive at MM, teachers will pass out a ticket to each student. For season pass students, you must show you their season pass at check-in to receive your shirt. No season pass = NO Magic Mtn. trip
- 6. Students will need to meet at the exit of the park at 7:45pm SHARP!