ESSENTIAL QUESTION/BIG IDEA: Why do women, on average, get paid less than men? What are the factors that have affected the "pay gap" over time? Why do you think the pay gap is greater in some states more than others?
HOMEWORK: Be kind to others.
1. Let's take a look at two graphics. The one up above (pay over time) and then state by state:
- Why do women, on average, get paid less than men?
- What are the factors that have affected the "pay gap" over time?
- Why do you think the pay gap is greater in some states more than others?
- What, if anything, needs to be done about the pay gap? Will a pay gap always exist between men and women?
2. Eighth grade trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain - Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- PERMISSION SLIP/INFO PACKET DOWNLOAD HERE
- Trip isn't until the last week of school, but we need to order buses early! Therefore, permission slips and money are due SUPER early (by 4/29) so don't miss out!
- Students arrive at 10am and will be checking in at their bus table to receive their shirt and write down their cell #, etc... We do not know yet if we have wrist bands, but if we do, students will also get wristbands at this time.
- Students must wear their shirt before entering the bus.
- 5. Once you arrive at MM, teachers will pass out a ticket to each student. For season pass students, you must show you their season pass at check-in to receive your shirt. No season pass = NO Magic Mtn. trip
- 6. Students will need to meet at the exit of the park at 7:45pm SHARP!