HOMEWORK: Finish "Judicial Review in Action" assignment and successfully email your post to the correct class period's blog. It is due at 11:59pm tonight.
1. In today's election news . . .
- Clinton wins in Nevada caucuses, Trump wins South Carolina primary on Saturday
- Jeb Bush calls it quits after South Carolina
- Full primary/caucus schedule HERE
- Mr. Ippolito's prediction: Dr. Carson will suspend his campaign this week
2. Judicial Review in Action -
- Think again about what "judicial review" is. What is that power?
- Research a case that interests you from one of these lists. Make sure you could successfully complete the phrase, "This case is a great example of judicial review because . . ."
- Pick a case other than "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" or Marbury v. Madison
- Create a digital poster in Google Drawings that includes the following:
- Your first and last name
- A picture that represents the Supreme Court case you chose
- The name of the case (make sure you underline or italicize the names of all Supreme Court cases)
- A short description of what the case was about
- Complete this sentence: "This case is a great example of judicial review because . . ."
- Send that digital poster as an attachment in JPG or PNG format to the correct email address:
- A Period - email@example.com
- B Period - firstname.lastname@example.org
- C Period - email@example.com
- D Period - firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, if you have time, play the CNN Presidential Matchmaker