HOMEWORK: Study for tomorrow's exam
1. You have an exam TOMORROW. Did you pick up your study guide from the basket? Here's what you can expect to be on it:
- George Washington's Farewell Address - HANDOUT #1 & HANDOUT #2
- Know the main messages of the Address
- Know the vocabulary from the Address
- Be able to recognize key quotes and passages from the Address
- How is President Ronald Reagan's speech similar to, and different from, Washington's Farewell Address
- French Revolution, Neutrality, and President John Adams
- What is impressment and how did it affect the US?
- Know Jay's Treaty
- Understand why some wanted to go to war with France, and how President Adams was able to keep us out of war
- What were the Alien and Sedition Acts?
- Are there times when the state governments should be able to overrule federal law?
- The 2016 Presidential Election
- Know all the current Republican and Democratic Presidential candidates. Can you name all these people?
- Know the results of the Iowa Caucus and the New Hampshire Primary
- Know what these terms mean:
- talking points
- eminent domain
2. Let's play Kahoot!