HOMEWORK: Prepare for Friday's exam. Here's what you should know:
- The current 2016 Presidential candidates
- Be able to identify them by sight, know their names, their political party, and whether they are currently an active candidate for the 2016 Presidential election
- Need a little help remembering them all. Here's that NEW YORK TIMES GUIDE I gave you at the beginning of our Presidential unit
- In general, where Republicans and Democrats stand on the issues
- For example, Republicans general favor gun rights, while Democrats want more gun control; most Republican candidates believe marriage should be between a man and a woman while Democrats support same-sex marriage rights; and so forth
- Also know who is NOT currently in the 2016 race. Who hasn't declared yet? Who has recently dropped out of the race?
- Please note that the exam will no longer cover the 13 Colonies Map
TODAY'S AGENDA:1. Welcome/Attendance
2. Debate Highlights - CLICK HERE to go to CNN Debate Central
Still haven't watched the debate? Watch it here:
3. Portraits of the Candidates
4. Aladdin at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Tickets must be reserved by tomorrow. - CLICK HERE
5. Dossier Projects - final stretch. Three options: 1--put your name on the board to present to the class; 2--present to Mr. Ippolito at brunch or lunch (75% max); 3--slideshow only (60% max)
6. Let's play Kahoot!
Aubrey and Annabeth's Jim Webb article HERE