Here's what you can do during independent work time today:
- Check your Hart District Gmail account
- Check your grades on Infinite Campus
- Preview today's lesson and agenda
- Visit Google Maps at http://maps.google.com. Do a search for the word Arabia. Locate the Arabian Peninsula on the map of the world. Observe what bodies of water are around it. What modern countries are located in and around the Arabian Peninsula?
0. How to access our textbook online
1. Writing Prompt on the Legacy of Rome
2. Finish Fact, Opinion, or Belief?
HW: Pre-read Chapter 3, Section 1 in your textbook. Define the following terms in your Composition Book:
By the end of this week, students will:
- Be able to argue, using evidence, what was Rome's greatest legacy (lasting contribution)
- Be able to explain the difference between a fact, a belief, and an opinion
- Be able to identify and discuss the geography of the Arabian peninsula
- Know what a Semitic religion is, and understand the difference between polytheism and monotheism
- Be able to explain the origins of Islam
- Understand the Five Pillars of Islam