- Tell the story of how Russia transformed from Czarist Russia to Communist Russia. What events and/or people were important in making this transformation happen?
- What problems did Germany face between 1918 and 1933 that caused them to turn to a totalitarian government?
- Discuss the similarities and differences between Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and fascist Italy.
- Describe all the sights and sounds you might hear at a Nazi rally in 1930s Germany.
- Who was more "evil"--Stalin or Hitler? Explain in detail why you think so.
- Go back to the word we discussed in a journal at the very beginning of the semester: "convincing." Discuss the three most convincing people you learned about in this unit and what made them so convincing.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
MODCIV - Possible test questions for the Totalitarianism Written Exam
Any of the following questions MAY appear on tomorrow's written exam on totalitarianism. Ultimately you will only have to answer THREE questions, but be prepared to answer any of the following questions. Each of your responses should be at least 4-5 sentences (a good, solid paragraph).