ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS/BIG IDEAS: What are sites of encounter? What role did they play in 7th century Arabia, and what role do they play today?
HW: Watch tonight's Presidential Debate (6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time) between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Watch with your family, if possible. It will be available on nearly all major broadcast networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) as well as C-SPAN, FOX News, CNN, MSNBC on television and streaming live online. Shortly after the debate concludes, it will be available to stream on the C-SPAN website, if you missed watching it live. Complete the Presidential Debate Guide and Evaluation while you watch. It is due on WEDNESDAY. Students who don't have TV or Internet access at home will be given an alternate way to complete the assignment in class tomorrow.
- Any more of "Crash Course World History: Islam" that we need to finish?
- 270 to Win
- Presidential Debate tonight
1. Causes of Death--Roman Emperors
2. Chapter 1, Section 1 - 5-4-3-2-1 Reading Notes
3. The Western Empire Collapses
4. Chapter 1, Section 2 - 5-4-3-2-1 Reading Notes
5. Chapter 1, Section 3 - 5-4-3-2-1 Reading Notes
6. Marcus Aurelius and Stoicism
7. 9/11 Reading and Activity
8. The Twelve Tables - worksheet and primary source
9. Chapter 1, Section 4 - 5-4-3-2-1 Reading Notes
10. Chapter 3, Section 1 - 5-4-3-2-1 Reading Notes
Sites of Encounter - assignment completed on Google Classroom
11. Crash Course World History: Islam
12. 3:2 Context Clues Vocabulary Definitions
13. Presidential Debate Guide and Evaluation